Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sharon's website Question # 1

Classmates website & Blog discussions:

Answer to question # 1:

Sharon’s website


Her website has a very appealing homepage. The white colors and restful gray provide an sense of tranquility and calm. It invites to explore it. Sharon use nicely the tables. Her audio is pleasant and videos are appropriate. As much as it is beautiful, it may come across as not very appealing for students. Your biography is pretty short. I will suggest to make it longer. Since you are a pianist, I bet you have a lot of things you have done and performed. Try it will make it more exciting. You also have a section title “about me.” I understand this is less informal information for your viewers. Do you want to expand this one more? Do you want to make just one and include this in the general biography? I wonder why you make two different sites? I am not sure if I saw it correctly, but I think you need to work on your tech resources assignments page. You’re missing some items like videos, music concrete, literacy, and pod cast page.

His website title “Music Garden of the My Piano Students” is the NYU class project. I really like her idea. She was to provide a online resource space for herself and her students.

Shanron’s blog is filled with a lot of entries which are pretty interesting. Her Pink color makes it look like a real online journal.

One aspect that I have written in other classmates and I include myself is related to the font, colors, audio and video “settings” that we choose. In other words, we create our website in either PC or Mac and we think it is going to be like that for others, but when other people view our websites sometimes the colors have been changed, the font is different and the audio and/or video does not work.

I opened your website with my Mac computer and everything works, but once I open the website with my other PC vista, it changed some settings and I couldn’t hear the audio or see the videos.

I think each one of us has to work on making our websites “readable” for all. I invite you and all my classmates including myself to explore that issues.

Generally speaking, it is a very good website and it will be very useful for your teaching career. I highly suggest to keep working on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment